Premium Grade Raw Manuka Honey comes from the nectar of the Manuka flower in the pristine forests of New Zealand. Comvita Manuka Honey is Raw, Wild, Unpasteurized, Non-GMO Project Verified, Halal, Kosher, and Certified Gluten-Free.
How to use
- Add Manuka to your tea, toast, yogurt or smoothies.
- Enjoy a spoonful in the morning or before a workout.
- Make Manuka part of your daily beauty routine.
THE GOLD STANDARD
- Every batch of Comvita Manuka Honey is independently tested and certified by the UMF Honey Association. Only UMF measures the three signature compounds (Leptosperin, DHA, and MGO – the key antibacterial marker) found in genuine, monofloral Manuka Honey.
NOT ALL MANUKA IS CREATED EQUAL
- Many other popular Manuka products without UMF certification are branded with self-created terms like “Factors”, "Bio-Active", or “Active”. These lack the measurable standards ensuring Manuka’s quality, purity, authenticity, and value.
NEW ZEALAND’S #1 UMF™ MANUKA HONEY BRAND
- Beekeeping Since 1974, Comvita, is the global leader for authentic New Zealand Manuka Honey. The company is committed to the long-term development of sustainably sourced Manuka Honey that is UMF™-certified, as well as Bee Propolis products that are backed by unrivalled scientific know-how.
Benefits & Uses
Manuka Honey is one of nature’s powerful wonders. It contains a unique range of beneficial oligosaccharides and prebiotics, amino acids, polyphenolic and other plant-derived compounds. Delicious and creamed to perfection, enjoy adding to your tea, oatmeal, yogurt, smoothie, or simply by the spoon. Great as a morning wellness ritual, pre-workout natural energy source, or as a DIY skin brightening facemask!
Q: Is Comvita the leading Manuka Honey company?
A: Comvita is New Zealand's leading producer of Manuka Honey.
Q: What does UMF™ mean?
A: The UMF™ (Unique Manuka Factor) trademark was established by the Unique Manuka Factor™ Honey Association (UMFHA). The UMF™ grading system appraises natural markers found in Manuka honey, and assures purity & quality. This is compliant with the recent interim labelling guidelines published by the Ministry for Primary Industries. Not all Manuka Honeys are UMF™ rated – only those which have been independently tested and verified by UMFHA are given a UMF™ rating. For more information visit www.umf.org.nz
Q: What is the meaning of UMF™ 5+, UMF™ 10+, and UMF™ 15+?
A: The UMF™ grading system has two components which are expressed on any UMF™ licenced honey product: 1. The label claim that it is Manuka, 2. The number - this represents three chemical markers that indicate the content of this honey to ensure purity and quality. This includes the key chemical markers DHA, MGO, and Leptosperin. For more information visit http://www.umf.org.nz/grading-system
Q: Why is Manuka Honey more expensive than other honeys?
A: Manuka Honey is unique to New Zealand and to obtain pure Manuka Honey is a specialized task for beekeepers. Manuka Honey is more difficult to extract and has a limited harvest period of 2-6 weeks as it is only collected at certain times of the year. The unique properties of Manuka Honey are well understood by consumers around the world, thereby creating a continually high level of demand.
Q: Why does honey’s color and texture vary?
A: Honey is a natural product, influenced by seasonal and regional conditions. Some areas produce paler honey than others. Like a good wine, honey will grow in flavor and darken with age.
Q: What is added to Comvita honey?
A: Comvita honeys are pure with no additives.
Q: Diabetes – can I take your honey?
A: Nectar from plants is the sugar source for honey. It is collected by bees, stored and ripened in the hive. The resulting honey is rich in natural fructose and glucose. Diabetics should consult their healthcare professional before consuming honey.
Q: Can Manuka Honey be taken during pregnancy?
A: Manuka Honey has been taken by pregnant women for many years with no reported problems as a result of its ingestion.
Q: Can children take Manuka Honey?
A: We do not recommend that honey be given to children under the age of one.
Q: Can I use a jar of Manuka Honey on my wound?
A: No. Manuka Honey that is purchased in a jar is for oral/internal use only. Comvita® recommends sterile medical grade honey for use on wounds.