Hope’s Relief Shampoo gently cleanses, soothes and hydrates dry flaky scalps. Our three-stage process provides effective, complete care to the scalp: with scalp nourishing ingredients, mild cleansers and anti-flake actives.
Who this is for
- Ideal for scalps prone to scalp eczema and scalp psoriasis. It targets itchy flaky scalps at the source. Hope’s Relief Shampoo is also ideal for babies, children and adults. For optimal results, use with Hope’s Relief Conditioner.
How to use
- Wet hair and massage shampoo gently into your scalp. It works up a lower-foaming lather as we keep it free of the synthetic foaming agent used in commercial shampoos.
- Leave on for two to three minutes.
- Rinse well, and repeat if desired.
What causes excessive flaking and itching?
- Itchy flaky scalps can be caused by a range of underlying conditions such as dry scalp or psoriasis, seborrhea dermatitis, excess oil production or malassezia (a fungal infection).
- An itching sensation on the scalp occurs because of excessive dryness and scalp flaking.
- A common misconception is that an itchy scalp is too dry; this is not always the case. Itching can occur when there is excessive oily build-up on the scalp. It also happens when your scalp is sensitive to shampoos or conditioners with harsh cleansers or synthetic fragrances.
- Our biodegradable products are alkaline-free and pH-balanced with recyclable packaging.
How does Hope’s Relief Shampoo and Conditioner work?
- They target dry flaky scalps. To get results, you really need to use a formula that targets and nourishes itchy flaky scalps while still cleansing your hair. Our three-stages provide scalp nourishing ingredients, mild cleansers and anti-flake actives. Scalp skin functions just like the rest of skin; so no matter what the cause it’s important to provide effective, complete care to the scalp.
- When the scalp environment has an imbalance of sweat and oil secretions, itching and flaking occurs. Often there are also micro-organisms—bacteria or fungus—involved with these imbalances, causing even more rapid shedding of skin flakes.
- Manuka honey NPA 10+ — certified anti-bacterial activity
- Aloe vera —conditions and moisturises the dry scalp environment
- Licorice root and gotu kola — soothes the inflammation and soothes the itch due to dry skin
- Calendula — antiseptic as well as restoring health to the scalp by encouraging collagen growth in the dermal layer, resulting in newer development of stronger and tougher scalp cells.
- Soothe dryness and eliminate related itch at the source, your scalp.
- Targets your scalp’s barrier with soothing moisturising ingredients that deeply penetrate your dermal layers
- Strengthens your scalp’s natural resistance to help your scalp barrier.